Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Rebel U 2014: Attendee Favorites

------
This a post in a series about Rebel U 2014.
------

At the end of the day at Rebel U, we ask each teacher to complete an evaluation form.  We cannot stress enough the importance of this evaluation and need each attendee to complete the form.  We really do take the time to go through and read each and every response!  We listen to your concerns as well as things you enjoyed.  We use this information to address any issues or questions you may have as we plan technology professional development for the year and start planning for future Rebel U days.




As part of our celebration of Rebel U taking place for 5 consecutive years, below are some of the evaluation responses to the question, "What is your favorite thing (or things) that you enjoyed about Rebel U today?". We wanted to take a moment to share a list of some of the kind words that our attendees shared about their Rebel U experience this year.  If you would like a visual snapshot of our attendees' favorite things, check out the word cloud!



  • #Rebelu14!
    There were so many opportunities to collaborate and experience new technology material.
  • The photo booth!!
    The SIOP refresher was awesome.
  • I loved having the choice of where I wanted to go and what I wanted to learn about. Seeing the positive interactions between staff members in the rooms, hallways, on twitter, etc. has me excited for the school year!
  • Being able to spend an entire day with the district learning about technology.
  • I enjoyed spending time with my coworkers. I also enjoyed learning strategies for grading.
  • I enjoyed the sessions and learning about the different technology that can be used in my classroom
  • The lunch. I also really enjoyed getting to know the staff and being able to see a variety of different technology related sessions.
  • Learning and collaborating with teachers from other departments.
  • I enjoyed the collaboration.
  • - Learning from my colleagues... We have so many amazing teachers on staff that have a lot to offer.
    - The photo booth is always a blast. :)
  • Libbie and Erica reminded me of the awesomeness of SIOP
  • I loved learning about Math Exchange. This is something that I am VERY interested in using in my classroom. I also loved the drawing into reading program. It will be very useful for my Kindergarteners. There was a lot of great stuff presented today and I cannot wait to use it all!
  • Meeting with grade level people
  • The teacher to teacher collaboration, teacher to teacher teaching/learning and the motivation to use technology and/or new technology strategies in our classrooms!
  • The time given to collaborate with my peers.
  • google classroom
  • Implementing the Kagan strategies with the quiz let
    Finding more about MAISA
  • Chances to Discuss and work out ideas on standards based grading and DE
  • I LOVED teaching Daily 5 with Sara Dewey!
  • Using Auras on an iPad.
  • The google classroom training. The infinite campus was also very helpful.
  • The work time that we had to practice the different skills/tools we learned today.
  • Working with other teachers, and talking about the upcoming school year.
  • Working with fellow teachers and hearing their presentations.
  • Google classroom was boss.
  • The Kagan strategies used in the morning presentation with Sarah Wood were fabulous. I can't wait for the training. :)
  • Reuniting with friends and colleagues throughout the day.
    Being in a relaxed atmosphere and learning tools of the trade.
  • I like how technology was mildly integrated so I did not feel too overwhelmed with new things!
  • super heroes
  • The standards based grading new grade book is so user friendly! I am excited that my grade book is set for the year, and that I now understand how to use it!
    SIOP session was a great reminder of the four language domains, and how to incorporate them more into class activities.
  • Excellent, highly practical sessions. Particularly loved the "Drawing into Reading" session.
  • I enjoyed the variety of sessions offered. It was difficult to choose which sessions to attend because so many looked appealing. KISD was a great facility in which to learn about and discuss new ideas.
  • I learned a couple of ways I can incorporate Kagan and technology.
  • Learning about Google Chrome
  • Learning about different technology that I could use in my classroom: Visuwords, Kahoot, and Socrative websites
  • I love learning new tech tools from my co-workers and seeing what works well for them in their classrooms. I also LOVE that we had work time to explore learned material at the end of the day. Great job, tech team!!!
  • I learned many ways to use cooperative learning activities and technology in my classroom.
  • Collaboration with colleagues.
  • I really liked having Rebel U at the Kent ISD.
  • Learning many different strategies and uses of technology that have been proven to be successful.
    Variety of options
  • Actually using the techniques during the presentations
  • Being introduced to new/different technology options.
  • Time in each session to explore and practice with the new info. we learned.
  • Discussion with peers and learning about Google Chrome.
  • Captain America, collaborating with peers
  • Great review on Daily 5 and how to incorporate it into my workshop. I liked see Kagan strategies in action.
  • Learning about different apps to use on iPads in the classroom.
  • meshing CL and technology
  • I really enjoyed the iMovie session and The Daily 5 Difference
  • It was great to see all of the new and innovative things that teachers use as part of their curriculums. I will have to use Discovery Ed., so it was nice to get to become acquainted with that program. I also really enjoyed collaborating with my grade level colleagues.
  • Hearing how other grade levels and people in district are utilizing technology and programs (i.e. Discovery Ed, Daily 5, etc).
  • I learned a lot about standard based grading and google classroom. I appreciated that we got to choose what sessions we were able to do and that it was led by GL teachers.
  • Learning new ways to implement technology into therapy activities.
  • Viewing student comments about the teacher heroes and being able to setup our grade book.
  • The conversations I had with various teachers. I was able to connect teachers from different buildings interested in the same concepts.
  • Drawing Into Reading and More and the strategies that were used to teach Understanding the Instructional Shifts and Mathematical Practices of the CCSS
  • Great Lunch, well organized, location!!!
  • - Held @ KISD :)
    - Relevant presentations
    - Individual work time
    - Collaborative work time
  • Learning many different strategies and uses of technology that have been proven to be successful.
    Variety of options
  • The relaxed atmosphere for formal and informal conversations about things that matter in schools.
  • Food! Be able to share and hear ideas on how to enhance the use of tech in the classroom.
  • The presentations were very well done and very informative. I really liked the fact that in many of the sessions I attended, there was time allowed to try/work on the material that was presented on
  • I most appreciated the well-paced presentations, the opportunity to learn at my own pace, having time to practice with sites, the detailed handouts, and the collaboration with peers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...